1. Illayathangudi Kovil is located at 25 km from Karaikudi on the road to Kundrakudi. passing Nemam, Keelasivalpatti and Avinipatti on the way, The presiding deity here is Lord Kailasanathar and his consort Nithlyakalyani.
Seven Pirivugal (sub-sects) - Okkoor-udaiyar, Pattinasamiyar, Perumarudur-udaiyar, Kalanivasal-kudiyar, Kinginikur-udaiyar, Perasendur-udaiyar & Sirusethur-udaiyar. Intra-temple marriage within Ilayathangudi Kovil is possible, if sub-sects are different.
2. Mathur Kovil is a little over 5 km from Karaikudi that can be reached not Iong after passing Iluppaikudi. The presiding deity here is Lord Ainnootreesar and his consort Periya Nayaki.
Seven Pirivugal - Uraiyur, Arurrlbakkur, Manalur, Mannur, Kannur, Karuppur & Kulathur. Intra- temple marriage within Mathur Kovil is possible, if sub-sects are different.
3. Vairavan Kovil is located on the Karaikudi-Madurai road, about 15 km from Karaikudi. The presiding deity here is Lord Valaroli Nathar and his consort Vadivudai Ammai.
Three Pirivugal - Sirukulathur-udaiyar (consisting of Periya-vakuppu, Deivanayakar-vaguppu & Pillaiyar-vaguppu), Kalanivasal-udaiyar & Maruthenthirapuram-udaiyar. Intra-temple marriage within Vairavan Kovil is not possible, even if sub-sects are different.
4. lraniyur Kovil is located at about 25 km from Karaikudi on the Pillaiyarpatti road, near Keelasivalpatti. The presiding deity here is Lord Aatkonda Nathar and his consort Sivapuram Devi.
The Iraniyur Kovil is said to be nurtured by a Nagarathar belonging to what was once a subject of the Illayathangudi temple, the Thiruvetpurudaiyar. His younger brother agreed to take care of the Pillaiyarpatti temple. As a result, no marriage is permitted between members of lraniyur Kovil and the Pillaiyarpatti Kovil.
5. Pillaiyarpatti Kovil is located at about 12 km from Karaikudi on the road to Madurai. The presiding deity here is Lord Thiruveesar (a) Marutheesar and his consort Sivakamavalli (a) Vadamalar Mangai.
6. Nemam Kovil is located at 12 km from Karaikudi on the road to Kovilur, Padarakkudi, and Kundrakudi. The presiding deity here is Lord Jeyangonda Choleesar and his consort Soundara Nayaki.
7. Illuppaikudi Kovil is located at about 5 km from Karaikudi, on the way to Mathur temple. The presiding deity here is Lord Thaan Thondriyeesar and his consort Soundara Nayaki.
8. Sooraikudi Kovil is located at about 10 km from Karaikudi On the road to Kanadukathaan and the Chettinad railway station. The presiding deity here is Lord Desika Nathar and his consort Aavudaiya Nayaki.
9. Velankudi Kovil is located on the Karaikudi - Thiruchirapalli road, about 10 km from Karaikudi. The presiding deity here is Lord Sandeeswarar and his consort Kamakshi Ammai.